Jami Couchjami@jamicouch.com | Nashville, TN
MetovaFranklin, TN April 2014 - February 2018
Vice President of TechnologyApril 2017 - February 2018
- Provided leadership for a technology team of over 50 people spread across 7 teams, direct reports included Directors of Technology, Lead Developers, and Senior Developers.
- Team delivered iOS, Android, and In-Vehicle applications for a music streaming service with over 500,000 mobile daily active users.
- Established and aligned teams to a standard set of Extreme Programming practices.
- Standardized story point scales across teams and increased production 2.5x in two months by holding teams and leaders accountable.
- Familiar with Agile Project Management, Extreme Programming, Theory of Constraints.
Director of TechnologySeptember 2016 - April 2017
- Led a team of 25 people, including 3 Lead Developers and 1 Senior Developer.
- Collaborated with Lead Developers on performance reviews and handled compensation adjustments.
- Worked with supervisors and peers to define metrics for the technology team and to implement a system to track, evaluate, and roll up measurements from individual developers up to the President.
Lead DeveloperApril 2015 - September 2016
- Lead developer for a special education SaaS product to reduce the amount of time educators spend on paperwork and reporting. Worked with the team to design and implement a flexible system to allow administrators to collect, store, and report on senstitive student data in a secure and scalable way.
- Designed and implemented an app generation engine for event and conference apps using Ruby on Rails as a backend, Jenkins as a build server, and a Cordova frontend. The app engine allows customers to create and build a custom app for their event or conference.
- Developed a wearable app on the Tizen platform using both the web (HTML5) and native (C++) stacks.
- Migrated internal issue tracker to Elixir/Phoenix to improve loading times and make use of WebSockets for live updates.
DeveloperApril 2014 - April 2015
- Designed and implemented an internal issue tracking, operations management, timesheet, and financial reporting tool.
- Migrated Ruby on Rails continuous integration and deployment pipeline to Docker.
Concert GeneticsFranklin, TN July 2013 - October 2013
Product Development Intern
- Assisted in development of web scraping data pipeline for several major laboratories.
- Designed and implemented web scraping backend for PDF files.
Vanderbilt UniversityPhD Biochemistry August 2009 - April 2014 Dissertation: “Regulation of Stalled Replication Forks by ATR”, Advisor: Dr. David Cortez, 3.975 GPA